Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving


Well, it's been awhile since I've written anything on here! I've been busy this quarter and so some of these extra things have just fallen by the wayside. I had a wonderful, relaxing Thanksgiving break, from Wednesday to Sunday. After fight traffic with two of my friends from school, I was dropped off in Salem, Oregon on Wednesday night to spend the weekend with Nick and his family. I made sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving Day and to my delight they turned out just as I remember my mom and grandma making them! In addition to traditional Thanksgiving celebrations, I also enjoyed a little Black Friday shopping, hanging out with friends, and going swimming. Swimming at this time of the year? No, we aren't crazy; we went to the Kroc Center, a Salvation Army Community Center facility made possible by McDonald's heiress, Joan Kroc. I also played a little Rock Band with friends (pictured, although I am not in the picture).

No comments: